Sunday 30 May 2010

May Day

If it's this hot in May, what, pray tell, might we anticipate for July? Plenty of demand for wide-brimmed hats, I bet. That was the message I was getting from the many visitors to my St. Lawrence Market table yesterday.

The Market was bursting with activity on the first really gorgeous Saturday of the season, including a festive interlude with a wedding party towards the end of the afternoon. Beautiful saris, a resplendent groom and a jolly band, in the shadow of St. Lawrence Hall.

It was also the weekend for Doors Open, so lots of visitors poring over the historical buildings open for exploration. A friend dropped by to share his photos taken from the belfry of St. James Cathedral behind us. Pretty darn cool!

(Did I ever tell you that I once tolled the noonday bell at St. James Cathedral on Christmas Day? Because I did.)
Jean is taking this hat and silk flower home to Newfoundland, to keep off the sun as she tools around in her little red convertible. I love it!










Jessica and Beth, gracing two of my hairbands.










Marjolaine, who modeled this band because it went so well with her beautiful eyes.






Jane, who was a milliner in Vancouver. It's always a pleasure to meet a fellow hatmaker. She's also a fine painter.






Amanda, a young lady who really looks good in green.






















Wedding festivities. 'Tis the season! The more, the merrier!

No comments :

Post a Comment