Tuesday 10 May 2011

To Market, To Market

It's May, so that means I'm back selling my hats outside St. Lawrence Market on Saturdays. Last Saturday was our first day of the season. It's a little like the first day of school -- greeting returning vendor friends, meeting new ones and locating your position. Mine is practically the same as last year's - one tent closer to Front Street. (The tents are cheek-by-jowl close, so you probably won't be able to tell.)

The weather was quite nice, which is such a psychological boost to start the season with. Some cloud and coolness, but mostly sunny and warm.

We really lucked into our tent neighbours for the season. To our right is Lena Saunders, a jewelry maker and a peach, one of the first friends I made here, and on our left is Derek Ryles, who sells lavender products from his own farm in Prince Edward County. In a fabulous coincidence, he also happens to be a dear old friend of Scott's brother! It's looking like it will be a very happy summer.

So come on down and see us, and try on a hat while you're here! We'll be on the north side of Front Street, just west of Jarvis, between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. (maybe later) on Saturdays from now until the end of September, weather permitting. And if I know in advance of any changes to that schedule, I'll post them her on my blog. Don't hesitate to email me, if you're planning to come. Not necessary, but always a pleasure to hear from you!

Now, on with the show!

Catherine is the very first person to try on my new equestrian-styled cap, and doesn't she just rock it? Why yes, she does.









Mayu and Haolin looking adorable in straw hats.












Kathy and Carla playing dress-up.






Debbie's taking her new hat to live in Michigan.












Melissa was taken by the undulating sequin trim weaving in and out of the folded grosgrain ribbon on her new slouch cloche. I called it "Nessie". It was a happy design accident and I'll be making more. Just not exactly the same. Every hat I make is one of a kind.

No comments :

Post a Comment